15 Conversation Starters for Your First Date
These are just some suggestions to prevent that uncomfortable silence descending on your first date. As long as they are asked in a smiling, casual way (not like an interview grilling!) they could lead to some interesting discussions :-)
Only ask the ones you feel comfortable with – I particularly like the apocalypse one because it’s my secret belief that all men have made a plan for this ;-)
- Did anything nice happen to you today?
- What made you smile today?
- Would you survive an apocalypse? How?
- Did you learn anything interesting today/lately?
- What challenged you today/this week?
- If you didn’t do what you do now (for work), what would you like to do instead? Why?
- If you had the chance to be a teacher tomorrow, what would you teach the class?
- What did you want to be when you were younger? Why?
- What is the most important rule you live by?
- What is one thing you hope to achieve before the year is over?
- What do you do to have fun?
- Do you have a skill you plan to master this year? Or sometime in the future?
- Where do you like to go to eat/What’s your favourite food? Do you like cooking?
- What was the funniest thing that happened today/this week?
- Do you do any sports?
Can you add to this list? I'd love to hear your suggestions!